Terms and Conditions
Covid-19 in the Netherlands
For information about the current situation regarding the Covid-19 virus in the Netherlands, we advise you to visit: https://www.rivm.nl/en for current updates and regulations.
For questions, requests and other information about your stay, your booking, or your plans on staying with us, please send us an e-mail on email@example.com, as we handle each message individually.
These Terms and Conditions govern all contracts concerning the rental of hotel rooms for accommodation and apply to all other contracts concerning services and goods provided by Hotel Not Hotel to its guests.
As far as rates go we can be clear: they include all except 7 % city tax, 3 euro tourism fee per person per night and breakfast.
Non refundable rate:
prepayment – the total price of the reservation will be charged after the booking
cancelation – if cancelled, modified, or in case of no- show the total price of the reservation will be charged
prepayment – 14 days before arrival we’ll make a reservation on your credit card for the first night of your stay
cancelation – If canceled or modified up to 7 days before arrival, no fee will be charged. if cancelled or modified later, or in case of no- show the total price of the reservation will be charged
Provisions of rooms / Check-in, check out
Rooms are available from 1500, but please do come whenever you want, we have a safe storage room for your luggage, and we’ll be happy to show you around the hotel or serve you something in the bar. We’d like to start cleaning your room around 1100, so have a sleep in!
We know stuff can get messy, but we like to run a clean hotel. That’s why we charge an extra cleaning fee with a minimum of 50 euros for excessively dirty rooms. The hotel is NON SMOKING. Guests who can’t resist their urge for nicotine and light up are charged 100 euros. In case of a false alarm due to cigarette smoke we charge 500 euros plus all costs for fire and police department operations.
Liability / Payment
Hotel Not Hotel can’t be held liable for damages incurred by the customer, the guest, and/or other third parties, unless those damages resulted from deliberate actions or gross negligence on its part. This exclusion of liability also applies to damages arising from the consumption of foodstuffs prepared or served by the hotel and damages as the result of computer problems.
Hotel Not Hotel is not liable for the damage, loss or theft of goods and can therefore not be obligated to pay any form of compensation whatsoever in this context. The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards prior to arrival. Also, an amount is reserved on your credit card. After a non-refundable reservation the hotel reserves the right to charge the total amount of the stay after receiving the reservation.
Hotel Not Hotel, part of Hotel Not Hotel Holding, which includes every type of branding regarding Hotel Not Hotel and their affiliates, such as The Kevin Bacon Bar, values you as our guest and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of Hotel Not Hotel Holding for data that we collect:
- through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, including hotelnothotel.com and other websites owned or controlled by Bont Hospitality BV (collectively, the “Websites”)
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”)
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us
- when you visit or stay as a guest at one of our properties, or through other offline interactions
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By making use of our Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Other parties involved in our privacy statement might refer to the Hospitality Property Management System in use for all of our services, Amadeus Hospitality, under the control of Amadeus IT Group S.A. Read more about the use of your data by these services on: https://www.amadeus-hospitality.com/privacy-policy/ and https://www.amadeus-hospitality.com/terms-conditions/.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
- COLLECTION OF OTHER DATA
- HOW WE COLLECT OTHER DATA
- USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
- ADDITIONAL USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
- OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
- NON-HOTEL NOT HOTEL GROUP ENTITIES
- THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
- CHOICES, ACCESS AND RETENTION
- HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CHANGE OR SUPPRESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- SENSITIVE DATA
- USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
- UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
- CONTACTING US
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Collection of personal Data
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual.
At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Financial information in limited circumstances
- Language preference
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data
- Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions
- Membership or loyalty program data (including branded discount vouchers linked to you as an individual, and travel partner program affiliations)
- Employer details when staying for business purposes
- Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
- Prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests
- Social media account ID, profile photo and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and booking accounts
In more limited circumstances, we also may collect:
- Data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children
- Biometric data, such as digital images
- Images and video and audio data via: (a) security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in all of our properties.
- Guest preferences and personalized data (“Personal Preferences”), such as your interests, activities, hobbies, food and beverage choices, services and amenities of which you advise us or which we learn about during your visit
If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us or our Service Providers (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How we collect personal data
We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation, purchase goods and services from our Websites or Apps, communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Property Visits and Offline Interactions. We collect Personal Data when you visit our properties or use on-property services and outlets, such as restaurants, concierge services, health clubs, child care services, and spas. We also collect Personal Data when you attend promotional events that we host or in which we participate, or when you provide your Personal Data to facilitate an event.
- Customer Care Facilities. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax or via online chat services or contact customer service. These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Authorized Licensees. We collect Personal Data from companies when we enter into a license or similar agreement to sell goods and services under a Hotel Not Hotel brand (“Authorized Licensees”).
- Strategic Business Partners. We collect Personal Data from companies with whom we partner to provide you with goods, services or offers based upon your experiences at our properties or that we believe will be of interest to you (“Strategic Business Partners”). Examples of Strategic Business Partners include on-property outlets, travel and tour partners, time share partners, transportation providers and travel booking platforms. Strategic Business Partners are independent from Bont Hospitality BV.
- Other Sources. We collect Personal Data from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties.
- Internet-Connected Devices. We collect Personal Data from internet-connected devices available in our properties, like your IP-address or points of access.
“Other Data” are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relate to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
- Browser and device data
- App usage data
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic data and other data provided by you
- Aggregated data
We collect Other Data in a variety of ways:
- Your browser or device.We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Cookies.We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
If you do not want data collected with cookies, you can learn more about controlling cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html .
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or by managing your tracking preferences by clicking on “Tracking Preferences” located at the bottom of our home page. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Online Services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your computer, and you will need to log in every time you visit. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
- Pixel Tags andother similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services.
- Adobe Flash technology (such as Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies.We collect data through Flash LSOs and other technologies on some Websites to, among other things, collect and store data about your use of the Online Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panelat http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/
en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. . You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation
/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html and following the instructions (which include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used with the Online Services. For more information, please refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html .
- Your IP Address.We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we collected and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide you with Services, to develop new offerings and to protect the Bont Hospitality BCV and our guests as detailed below. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data or Other Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested Services.
We use Personal Data and Other Data for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- Provide the Services you request. We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide Services you request, including:
- To facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations or pre-arrival messages, to assist you with meetings and events and to provide you with other information about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to visit
- To complete your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your room is available and provide you with related customer service
- To support our electronic receipt program. When you provide an email address in making a reservation, we use that email address to send you a copy of your bill. If you make a reservation for another person using your email address, that person’s bill will be emailed to you, as well. You can opt out of receiving your bill via email and instead receive a paper copy by contacting the front desk on firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. ADDITIONAL USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Personalize the Services according to your Personal Preferences. We use Personal Data and Other Data to personalize the Services and improve your experiences, including when you contact our call center, visit one of our properties or use the Online Services, to:
- Customize your experience according to your Personal Preferences
- Present offers tailored to your Personal Preferences
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to provide personalized Services according to your Personal Preferences either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Communicate with you about goods and services according to your Personal Preferences. We use Personal Data and Other Data to:
- Send you marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to communicate with you with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Loyalty Programs. We use Personal Data and Other Data to:
- Offer and manage your participation in our global loyalty programs, as well as others that are specific to certain properties or tailored to your interests
- Send you offers, promotions and information about your account status and activities
- Assess your benefits
- Administer points earned through co-branded credit cards
- Manage your choices regarding how you wish to earn, track and use your points
We will use Personal Data and Other Data in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Sweepstakes, activities, events and promotions. We use Personal Data and Other Data to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules and may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
We use Personal Data and Other Data in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Business Purposes. We use Personal Data and Other Data for data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including with the use of closed circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), developing new goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
We use Personal Data and Other Data in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of hospitality and Services, and to do so, we share Personal Data and Other Data with the following:
- Bont Hospitality BV. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to other companies within the Bont Hospitality BV for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the Services, communicating with you, facilitating the loyalty programs, and to accomplish our business purposes. Marriott International, Inc. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Data. We share your Personal Data and Other Data used for making a reservation with the applicable property to fulfill and complete your reservation.
- Owners and Franchisees. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to Owners and Franchisees of Marriott Group branded properties for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the Services and facilitating the loyalty programs.
- Authorized Licensees. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to our Authorized Licensees for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the Services and fulfilling your requests. For example, this sharing enables you to purchase Marriott branded goods and services, including time share properties.
- Strategic Business Partners. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data with select Strategic Business Partners who provide goods, services and offers that enhance your experience at our properties or that we believe will be of interest to you. By sharing data with these Strategic Business Partners, we are able to make personalized services and unique travel experiences available to you. For example, this sharing enables spa, restaurant, health club, concierge and other outlets at our properties to provide you with services. This sharing also enables us to provide you with a single source for purchasing packages that include travel-related services, such as airline tickets, rental cars and vacation packages.
- Service Providers.We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to third-party service providers for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Examples of service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, marketing, auditing and other services.
Corporate Reorganization. We may disclose or transfer your Personal Data and Other Data to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of the Marriott Group business, assets or stock (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We will use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Bont Hospitality BV, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Data for any purpose, except where we are not allowed to under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Data with Personal Data (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined data as Personal Data – as long as it is combined.
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for the privacy, data or other practices of any entities outside of Bont Hospitality BV, including Franchisees, Owners, Authorized Licensees, Strategic Business Partners or any third party operating any site or service to which the Services link, payment service, loyalty program, or website that is the landing page of the high-speed Internet providers at our properties. The inclusion of a link on the Online Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, any third party’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data.
In addition, we are not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through or the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may interest you when you access and use the Online Services, other websites or online services. To serve such advertisements, these companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section, below.
You have choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out. You can contact us at email@example.com or by mail through:
Hotel Not Hotel
Legal Department and Guest Relations
Piri Reisplein 34
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
We will provide a list of the categories of Personal Data disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by law), you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail through:
Hotel Not Hotel
Legal Department and Guest Relations
Piri Reisplein 34
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have altered, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. For your protection, we only fulfil requests for the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
15. SENSITIVE DATA
Unless specifically requested and on ethical ground in accordance with the law, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, on or through the Services or otherwise to us, any Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., social security numbers, national identification number, data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, ideological or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, trade union membership, or administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions).
Our Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services, nor make use of the Services without adult supervision.
The “Last Updated” serial number at the end of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective immediately when accessible for public. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement. If you would like to review the version of the Privacy Statement that was effective immediately prior to this revision, please contact us at email@example.com.
18. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail through:
Hotel Not Hotel
Legal Department and Guest Relations
Piri Reisplein 34
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
You also can:
- Contact our data protection officer through email@example.com. In your message, at least include the topic, your full name and your relation with us.
- Lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection laws occurs at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080 .